The Nolter Law Firm Is Currently Closed


(Clear or Seal Your Criminal Record)

To protect your privacy, you can have certain crimes erased from your record. This is a good idea if you do not want prospective employers, landlords or colleges finding out about your arrest during a background check. Because arrests are a matter of public record, anyone searching the Internet for you can also see your criminal record.

If you do not like that idea, contact the Denton County expungement lawyers at The Nolter Law Firm. We have many years of experience with criminal defense. If you are eligible for expunction or non-disclosure, we will work hard to clear your record. Please call our office at 940-800-8025 or contact us online to make an appointment.

Clearing or Sealing Your Record

We can file an expunction order to erase the case from your record if one of the following applies:

  • A grand jury dismissed your case
  • You were found not guilty
  • Someone falsely gave your name when he or she was arrested

If you successfully complete a deferred adjudicated probation, we can file a petition for non-disclosure. This will seal your record from the public, but will not erase the crime from your record. Depending on your crime, you may be eligible for this option.

In general, class A and B misdemeanors and some felonies are eligible for an order of non-disclosure. Some require a waiting period of two or five years before the order can be filed. There are some serious felony crimes that are never eligible for non-disclosure, such as sex offenses, murder, stalking, family violence and child endangerment.

New 2017 Texas Law Now Makes First-Time DWIs Eligible to be Sealed

You may be eligible to seal your DWI record. Click here to find out more.

*The change in law is retroactive and applies to those with offenses prior to this year. This means that no matter when the offense occurred, you may be eligible to have your first-time DWI offense removed from your record. Contact our office today for a quick and free assessment to find out if you are eligible. Read more here.

To find out if we can help you clear or seal your criminal record, please call us at 940-800-8025 today. We can usually tell you this information in just a few minutes over the phone.


Edward J. Nolter
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...